Las Vegas is a special place to our family. Jared and I got engaged in Las Vegas, and since being married we have been there a “few” times.
It seems like we visit Las Vegas about once a year. (We can usually get great flight deals!) Even though Vegas is known for not so friendly family activities, there are a lot of fun things to do with the whole family.
Before we get to the activities let me just share a few tips from our trips to Vegas as a family.
- If you want to visit the strip during the day and early evening are the most family friendly times.
- Make sure that your kids know not to take anything people offer as they walk down the strip – often people try to hand out questionable pictures.
- Wear good shoes, anywhere you go in Las Vegas you will have to do a decent amount of walking – even if it’s just from the parking area to the building.
- Consider bringing a stroller – When your deciding what to do think about how much walking will be involved and the age of your children. Sometimes it’s a good idea to bring a stroller even if you only use it half the time it’s easier than carrying a 3 or 4-year-old when they get to tired.
- Dress for the weather – Vegas weather can get really hot or cool depending on the time of year. Be sure to dress for the weather.
- Depending on what you’re doing bring snacks and water – hungry or thirsty kids make outings a lot harder!
Okay enough tips, on to the fun family activities!
Las Vegas Activities for the Whole Family
M & M World
M&M World is located next to MGM Grand on the Las Vegas Strip.
Visiting M&M World is a fun experience for all ages. The store has tons of gifts, souvenirs and yummy things to eat. You can create and print personalized M&M’s and don’t forget about the Free 3-D movie.
Coke World is located next to M&M World on the Las Vegas Strip.
You can find everything Coca-cola in this store from clothing to ornaments and everything in between. While visiting the store don’t forget to head upstairs and try different coke products from around the world and other fun coke treats.
Though not located right in the heart of Las Vegas the Hoover Dam is only a short drive from the strip and is totally worth it.
Walking around the Dam is free and there are some great views of the dam as well as an awesome bridge across from it. Tickets are required to enter the visitor center with additional charges for a Power Plant Tour and Hoover Dam Tour. You can find the prices here, children 0-3 are free.
**The parking garage at the Hoover dam is in the mountain and a unique experience in and of itself, it always amazes me!
Circus Circus is a hotel and casino located on the Vegas Strip. This hotel has a lot of fun family activities including:
- Adventuredome – 5 acres of indoor fun, take a look at these rides and attractions. (this is best for those over 33″)
- Carnival Midway – Enjoy carnival games as well as arcade games. Our favorite game is the horse/camel race.
- In the middle of the Carnival is a stage where Free circus acts are preformed daily.
The Fountains of the Bellagio
Enjoy an awesome show with water, music and lights that will amaze you. (I love seeing the show in December when it’s Holiday Music!)
- Monday through Friday the show is every 1/2 hour from 3:00pm -8:00pm
- Saturdays and Holidays every 1/2 hour from 12:00pm – 8:00pm
- Sundays every 1/2 hour from 11:00am -7:00pm.
There are additional show times later at night but I just mentioned the most family friendly times.
- X-Scream – Dangle 109 stories in the air before snapping back to the tower.
- Insanity – Hang and spin 900 ft over the strip
- Big Shot! – Blast 160 ft straight up while on top of the stratosphere tower.
- Sky Jump – Leap of the tower from 829 feet
Shark Reef Aquarium
Located in the Mandalay Bay Hotel and Casino the Shark Reef Aquarium has over 2,000 animals. Along with viewing the animals you can book a stingray feeding, sea turtle feeding, shark feeding or a shark dive!
Tournament of Kings
We went to the Tournament of Kings at the Excalibur last December. The show is fun but I would not recommend taking kids under 2! At 10 months old, all of the noise was too much for our little guy. The show isn’t scary so if your child is okay with loud cheering they will probably be fine.
We took our little guy to an area away from the loud cheering and he loved watching the horses.
Along with all the other fun family activities we love to go swimming. When we go to Vegas as a family we try to stay at places with fun pools.
The Tuscany Suites and Casino has an outdoor pool and a family friendly set up, with rooms in separate buildings from the casino.
Another favorite is the Grandview at Las Vegas. This resort is condos and has 5 pools and 5 spas for tons of pool fun.
If you want to stay on the strip checkout our post about staying at the Luxor for less than $30.
What is your family’s favorite thing to do in Las Vegas?